Friday, February 22, 2013

VP Campaign

Keely came home and announced that she was running for Vice President for Student Council. She had to write an essay and read it to the entire school, made dozens of posters just like this one and hang them all over campus, and convince students to vote for her. I was so impressed by her initiative and bravery it was awesome to see.

She didn't get VP, but she did get voted by her class to be their class representative so she is heavily involved in student council. They have meetings every Wed. at lunch, have done 3 after school huge fundraisers and service projects and just judged their first art competition for the school about being trustworthy.

I love seeing this stuff. Watching your kids lead and accomplish things...it's one of the best things about being a parent, I'm so proud of her :)

No comments: