Thursday, March 4, 2010

Build and Grow

Amber told us about Lowe's free building projects they do every other Sat. (Home Depot does them too)


It's so neat - the kids get a packet that has all the wood, nails, and a blueprint. They get tiny hammers and build. takes about an hour and we all love, love it.


This week was the day before Valentines, so they built these jewelry holders and on the back is a big cupid sticker where you can write a note to someone and give it as a present. Asher gave his to grandma Staska and Keely gave hers to me. She wrote:
Dear Mom,
I love you.
You are the best mom in the wole wide wrld
From, Keely


When you finish, you go show the lady your project and she gives you a patch that you sew onto your apron that you get to keep and bring back each time - they have earned 2 patches so far. the other was a Lowbot...a wooden transformer (half car, half robot)

3 comments:

Erica Jessop said...

That's awesome I had no idea?! I will have to check it out.

Mike and Amber said...

I am so glad that you guys are having fun with it!! Isn't it the cutest idea..the best part being that it's FREE!!

Mom said...

Wow...cool projects. It's so great to find things that are free and fun for kids!!!